What is Work Choice?
If you have a disability or health condition that makes it difficult for you to find or keep employment, then MTIB and Work Choice may be able to help you.
Work Choice brings together the best elements of WORKSTEP and Work Preparation into a new unified programme which will improve our existing specialist employment services so they better equip disabled people to move into, retain and progress in employment.
The new programme is aimed specifically at those customers who, by reason of significant disability, cannot be helped into employment through JobCentre Plus mainstream programmes.
In general, you may qualify if:
- You are disabled as defined by the Equalities Act 2010 and your disability means that you face significant barriers to work
and additionally have:
- Complex work-related support needs arising primarily from disability
- Requirements in work which cannot immediately be overcome through workplace adjustments
- A need for support in work as well as help with finding work and cannot be helped through other DWP programmes.
- You may be at risk of losing your job because of a disability or have recently left education and have demonstrated a need for support in work
If you are interested in participating in the Work Choice scheme, you should speak to your local Disability Employment Adviser (DEA) at JobCentre Plus, who are able to refer you to us.
What support is available?
We are very experienced in providing tailored specialist support to help you find a source training or assist in job searching activities, that will help towards enabling you to find work for a minimum of 16 hours per week.
Utilitising our links with local industry, or within our supported manufacturing workshop, if you are suitable, we may be able to source opportunities for you to gain work experience.
We are also able to signpost you to schemes that can aide you in overcoming barriers to employment, such as by providing aids and adaptations, through Access to Work.
Contact our Work Choice Team
If you would like further information on the Work Choice programme, please contact any of our Work Choice team on (01685) 370072